If you’re looking for a nice warm drink to enjoy this holiday and festive season as you hangout with friends and family, look no further because we’ve got you covered with this delicious apple cider recipe. Nothing screams cozy better than a sweet cup of hot apple cider. This drink will not only give you the much needed fuzzy warm feeling this cold winter season, but its sweet content is sure to evoke at least one sweet memory associated with the holidays. Perhaps, the sweetest thing about this recipe is that it’s the easiest drink to put together for that much wholesomeness. So, why not ditch the traditional eggnog and hot chocolate, and enjoy the infusion of delicious flavours of spices and fruitiness that a hot apple cider has to offer!
- 10-12 apples ( quarter sliced)
- 2 oranges (quarter sliced)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1-inch ginger
- 16 cups of water
- 1 tsp allspice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- In a stock pot, combine all the ingredients with the exception of the maple syrup. Leave to boil and then reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- After about 2 hours, pour and strain out the solid ingredients.
- To serve, stir in the maple syrup and garnish with cinnamon sticks and fresh orange slices. Allow to cool down to a warm level before serving.
- You can refrigerate leftovers and heat up when required.
Gladys Christian | Staff Writer